Go green with Alvin Hollis: reduce your energy footprint.
As a company which has been immersed in energy delivery and HVAC systems for over 100 years, Alvin Hollis has naturally turned to sensible renewable energy solutions for our customers interested in this new technology. Of greatest interest and feasibility has been solar energy and geothermal HVAC systems — the installation costs for both have dropped precipitously in recent years. In fact, solar panel installation costs are about 25% less than that of just two years ago.
What are solar hot water heaters?
A solar hot-water system uses a solar panel or small array of panels to pre-heat the water that flows into an existing or new hot water tank. This allows the existing domestic water heater — whether electric, oil- or gas-fired — to operate less often, which saves money. The panel(s) often can be installed in an unobtrusive location
What are solar electricity systems?
On a bright, sunny day, the sun's rays give off 1,000 watts of energy per square meter of the earth’s surface. Solar technology has reached the point where much of that energy can be collected via an array of solar panels. These are fed not only into your structure’s electrical system — reducing your need for outside electricity — but excess electricity can be “sold back” to your electric utility company.
Is solar power right for you?
In addition to all the altruistic reasons to consider solar energy, there are several renewable energy incentives of which you should be aware:
- the Federal Clean Energy Development Fund
- a U.S. Department of Agriculture grant program
- a 30% Federal tax credit: straight off your tax bill
- you can take advantage of "Renewable Energy Credits" -- which can be sold for additional cash.
The energy consultants at Alvin Hollis can identify the grants, incentives, rebates and tax credits for which you may be eligible
Why use Alvin Hollis?
Alvin Hollis is one of the most qualified and professional installers of residential and commercial solar systems in Greater Boston. Our electricians and technicians are fully experienced with this technology. Their work is inspected and re-inspected to ensure that the highest quality standards are met. You can rely on Alvin Hollis to handle all aspects of your residential solar panel installation: including design, permitting, rebate processing and system maintenance.
Geothermal systems use free, renewable energy from the earth—with a very positive effect on your carbon footprint. According to the Geothermal Heat Pump Consortium, installing a geothermal system instead of an ordinary system is the environmental equivalent (in emission reduction) of taking two cars off the road.
Geothermal heat pumps tap into the earth's surface, using the energy and relatively consistent heat found in the earth, instead of using outside air like traditional heat pumps. Geothermal heat pumps provide both cooling and heating to your home and are able to maintain the highest efficiency on even the coldest winter nights or the hottest summer days.
Why Choose Geothermal?
Geothermal Systems provide homeowners with a wide range of benefits.
- Savings: Generally, no other heating and cooling system offers lower operating costs, with savings up to 60% compared to ordinary systems.
- Heating and air conditioning in one system. And during unit operation you receive free hot water, as the excess heat from operation supplements your home’s water heater.
- Comfort: These systems provide even temperatures throughout the home year-round, with excellent dehumidification during cooling.
- Environmentally Sound: Geothermal is a clean, green, renewable technology to reduce your carbon footprint now and for future generations.
- Reliable: Geothermal units last longer than ordinary air conditioners and heat pumps. Since the units contain few moving parts, they operate for years with little maintenance.
- Quiet: Unlike ordinary air conditioners and heat pumps, no outdoor unit is required. Carrier geothermal units use folly-insolated cabinets for quiet operation. Soft-starting variable speed blowers are used in most models.
- Energy Independence: Geothermal systems reduce our need to import fuel.
- Safe and Clean: No flame, no flue, no odors.
- Tax Credits: Eligible for up to 39% Federal tax credit -- take it right off next year's taxes!
Why choose Alvin Hollis?
There are over 1 million geothermal installations today, resulting in the avoidance of more than 5.8 million metric tons of carbon dioxide and more than 1.6 million metric tons of carbon equivalent annually. Like all new technology, your choice of an installer is key to the energy savings you will receive. Alvin Hollis has experience with geothermal systems, qualified specifically for geothermal system planning (certified designer) with North American Technical Excellence (NATE), and is one of the handful of factory authorized dealers in New England for Carrier geothermal heat pump systems.